Sunday, August 23, 2009

Put on your Sunday clothes when you feel down and out~

Though my medication has yet to have any effect I have been trying to enjoy myself as much as possible for the last couple of days and tried to ignore my fatigue. I have a hard time keeping my eyes open at the best of times, something that can be very troublesome as I am sure you understand, but yesterday I still went out with my friend even though my body was screaming at me to stay home. We dressed up all pretty and went about town; having lunch at my favorite café and then spent the rest of the afternoon taking pictures at various locations in Gamla Stan. It was a lot of fun, though I used up what little energy I had in store and ended up half-dead by the time I got home.

I really like wearing my white dress, even though most people confuse me with being a bride on her way to her wedding.





Saku is so cute!

Eventually we ended up in the gardens outside the House of Nobles (Riddarhuset) where we spent most of our time just fooling around and having a great time.




Also, when we arrived at the House of Nobles, we saw these wonderfully dressed musicians waiting to be granted access into the large house. I am not entirely sure what kind of event that was going on that day and that caused them to dress like they did, but I am just as glad to have seen them anyway.
Later, when I finally got home, I was so tired I could barely stand and once Saku had left all I wanted was to go to sleep. However, my mother made me an offer that I could not refuse so I ended up staying awake for yet another couple of hours so that she could give me a massage while we watched a movie. The movie, that I got to pick, was Hello, Dolly a wonderful, although perhaps a bit silly, musical featuring Barbra Streisand. It was filled with beautiful dresses, extravagant hats and funny songs and it provided glorious entertainment for the entire three hours that it played. Naturally, I was completely exhausted by the end of it, but I was really relaxed and happy so it was all worth it in the end. I really recommend Hello, Dolly to anyone who has not seen it and is interested in older musicals.

Anyway... That is all for now. Tomorrow school will start again and I am sure that I will have a lot of things to complain about so be ready to read about it. Until then, I wish you all well~
xxx
Kamalia

No comments: