Thursday, May 3, 2012

Busy busy! :O

Wow, there really hasn't been many updates on this blog lately. Either I have been too busy or I haven't had the energy or I just haven't had anything interesting to talk about. 

Well, this last week or two... I have had so much to do I didn't even know where to start! X3 As you all know, I've been preparing for the Burlesque flea market (Burleskloppis 3.0) for quite some time. I have been hatting like crazy, as well as painted hatboxes and frames and things for the presentation on my table. Speaking of which, here are some pictures of my Sale's tables at the Flea market. 


As you can see I had a LOT of stuff with me. Originally, I was only supposed to have one table too and that would have been a minor nightmare, let me tell you. Fortunately, the person that was supposed to have the table next to me never showed up so I got extra space! :D But for some reason I still managed to forget to unpack one of my biggest hatboxes. One that was filled with one big hat, one smaller hat and some corsages. Good going, Andrea!


Still, I think it was a pretty successful day. I walked away with 1830SEK more than I had walking in. That money is going straight into my savings account now!

Oh, I also worked a bit last week. Thursday and Saturday was spent helping out at the shop and believe me when I say that it was a welcome break from all the hat madness.
But... I don't think I've ever mentioned this before.
I've got a job! X3 Or, well, a part time job. At Viola Lahger, a corset boutique in Stockholm. It is also the place where I got my crinoline underskirt, which I can definitely recommend to other Lolis. *hint hint*

I think you all should at least check out the VL website!

Boy, I have a lot of things to write about this time... 

The day after the flea market was Valborg, a Swedish celebration of spring... or somesuch. I had completely forgotten about it but thanks to my friend Mia I still got to go out to see the bonfire at Skansen at least. Mia and I sat near the fire for quite a long time that evening and sang any and all songs we could remember the lyrics to. It was really nice. 
We also decided in a momentary stroke of genius that we should learn even more songs and go down town someday and just sing. X3 We'll see how that goes but we have, at least, picked out a lot of wonderful songs to sing. 


The day after that was supposed to be my rest day. It really was. But erhm... I decided I had too much to do and that I didn't have time to rest so I kept on working. But I did get something in my dropbox that day that TOTALLY made me grin like a fool and dance around in little circles. X3

I got the finished photos from last Sunday's photoshoot! Here are some of them:






Credits: 
Photographer: Josefine Jönsson / www.josefinejonsson.com
Hats and Styling: Imperial Fiddlesticks Emporium / www.imperialfiddlesticks.com
Makeup: Colorfulmakeups
Latex: Maebelle Latex / www.maebellelatex.com
Wigs: Navalith Hair Design / www.navalith.se
Models: Starfucked, Emy von Hell, Petra Morphium


Now for even MORE good news! :3 Yesterday I went downtown to meet Vanessa and to swap one of my veils for a big bag full of clothes! :D I had paid her in advance as well, of course, but I still got a LOT of pretty things for my money. 


From Left to Right:
ETC Shoes
Victorian Maiden high waisted skirt
Victorian Maiden set with Bustier and Skirt
A pretty little headband in blue and creme
Victorian Maiden hair corsages, one pale blue and the other beige
Juliette et Justine Skirt
Handmade skirt by Vanessa

Both the headband and the handmade skirt were surprises to me X3



Here's a closeup shot on the looovely velvet details on the Juliette et Justine skirt. 


And that is all for now. I think. XD Now I need to get back to work!

No comments: