Friday, May 14, 2010

Interior Decorating á la Steampunk

Since a while back I have been working on decorating my room up here in Umeå, where my family usually spends most of its summer. The room itself is located in a small house on our property that I claimed as my own as soon as I could. The rest of my family resides in the bigger house, but I prefer to remain in my own house, which has become a sort of sanctuary for me. And since I spend so much time in there, I decided to decorate it to suit my tastes. So in the last few years I have been on a mission to collect little nicknacks that might further my design.

Below are two items that I have found and that I simply HAD to have in my little room.

A very antique looking map with a wooden frame. This will look so much better on my wall than any painting I could ever have hoped to find.

It even has an oddly shaped Sweden :)


This clock was something I found only yesterday and, even though it is obviously brand new, it still has that old feel to it that I like.

Roman numbers, yellowed paper and dark wood, can it get any better?

This summer I plan to finish the work on my little house, and when it is finally done, I'll be sure to post more pictures here to show you how it turned out :)

xxx
Kamalia

No comments: