Monday, November 24, 2008

Stockholm Storm

The snow was coming down hard today. The wind was blowing and the air was filled with big snowflakes. There was so much of it that it even made me late for school, but i do not blame it. Even though we have the same kind of snowfall at least a couple of days a year, Stockholm Stad never seems to grasp it and year after year we are buried in snow and most subway trains stand still, or move very slowly. Total chaos ensues and yet they never seem to learn. Funny, is it not?

This morning when I sat in class I looked out the window and could barely see a thing, there was just so much snow. And yet, I could not keep my eyes from it as it fell from the sky to settle in a thick layer on the street. Then, later in the day, the clouds cleared away for a moment and the sun shone down on the freshly fallen snow. I do not think I have ever seen anything so beautiful as when the sun set over the glistening white ground.



No comments: